User Query: My new SSD drive won’t open my QuickBooks Pro. I’m about to purchase latest QuickBooks Pro and am seeking assurance that Older QuickBooks will Restore my data from a QuickBooks Pro backup file
Sometimes, users install QuickBooks on a separate hard drive and store the company file on an SSD, or vice versa. In this case, they encounter problems related to company file or network connection. These errors can be easily resolved by installing QuickBooks and storing the company file on the same drive.
Reinstalling QuickBooks to Another Drive
To solve this issue, you can simply reinstall QuickBooks on the drive on which the company file is stored. To do so, follow the steps provided below:
- Log into windows with an Admin Account
- Go to Control panel
- Select Programs and Applications
- Click on Uninstall a Program
- Select QuickBooks and Click on Uninstall
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Restart your system once the program is completely uninstalled
- Launch the setup for QuickBooks
- Agree to Terms and Conditions
- Click on Browse
- Select the location on the drive which contains the company file
- Follow on-screen instructions
- Click on Finish, once the program is installed.
Uninstalling QuickBooks does not delete the company file or alter the data in any way. All of your data will be completely safe. However, you will have to reset the preferences related to the accounting software. Once you’ve reinstalled the software, you can run reports and check for any errors.
Move the Company File
The easier solutions, however, is to move the company file to the drive on which QuickBooks is installed. This way, there are no errors when QuickBooks tries to access the company file.
Follow the steps given below to move your company file:
- Move your company file by copying and pasting it to the desired location.
- Launch QuickBooks
- Click on Open or restore an existing company
- Click on Open Company File
- Hit NExt
- Click on Locate your file
- Select the company file and click on Open.
To know more, or for any help with resolving this error, feel free to get in touch with our experts at Live Chat.