Are you looking for information on QuickBooks Payroll Submit? Here is every bit of detail for you.
Payroll has always been important as well as a crucial task of the company. A better payroll gives an advantage to its employer and employee. An employer gets a complete overview of the payments made to vendors and employees. Due to its automated calculations, it doesn’t let miscalculations take place.
To submit payroll, there are two things you need to take care of:
- Add Employer Information in QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Add Employee Information in QuickBooks Online Payroll
Now, to add employer info in QuickBooks Online Payroll:
To do so, you need to have your routing number & business bank account from where you can make payment to your employees and make tax payments. In addition to that, you need to have per hour payment or per month salary. You also need to mention how you plan to disburse incentives and other benefits like insurance, health benefits and other retirement plans.
Also Read: Setup Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
We are enlisting some of the employer information that needs to be entered for the successful operation of Online Payroll Setup.
- Bank Account: The bank account number and the routing number through which you are going to write a payroll check and other tax-related payments.
Quick Tip: You must be having a payroll account which is actually used for daily business operations.
- Compensation to Employees: Bonus, Hour Wages, Commission, Salary, Tips and other compensation related employees.
- Benefits to Employees: Dental Insurance or Health Insurance, Sick/Vacation Leave Policy, Retirement Plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Other Deductions and Additions
- Travel/Mileage Reimbursement, Wage Garnishment, Cash Advances and Union Dues.
- Add Employee Info in QuickBooks Online Payroll
To get the Payroll Calculations done by QuickBooks, you need the following things:
- Employee’s Pay Rate
- W-4 Form
In addition to this, you also need to mention the duration at which you are going to make payments:
These are the list of items you are to enter in employee’s section:
- Pay Rate: Salary of each employee or per hour rate disbursement along with any commission, incentive or bonus, if applicable.
- Form W-4: Once you hire a new employee, it is required to complete a W-4 form which will give you withholding info and other relevant info you need to keep a check on to make the payroll tax calculation correctly.
- Deductions through Paycheck: Contribution of employees towards health insurance, garnishment and retirement plan.
- Payment Procedure and Schedule: Usually, any company or employer holds bi-weekly, weekly, bi-monthly or monthly payments. You are privileged to have multiple payment methods or schedules in your QuickBooks. For instance, you can set per hour and per month payment simultaneously.
Along with this, you are to set:
- Vacation/Sick Hour Balance and Policy
- Date of Hiring
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form
Also Read: Setup and Schedule QuickBooks Payroll
Follow these 5 easy steps to set-up QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Go to the employee section
- Select the employee tab from the left menu
- Now, initiate payroll setup. Select the button “Get Setup” and then click on Add Payroll
- Respond to all payroll related questions that come to you.
- Add Employee and other relevant information
Now, you are good to go.
For further assistance, you can get in touch with us via our Toll-Free Number + or via our Official Email Address email@example.com. We have an advance tech support mechanism through which we can help you solve the errors that you face in your QuickBooks payroll. You can connect with us via our Live Chat Support also.