Question: I am having trouble emailing my QuickBooks documents, why email not working with QuickBooks?
In QuickBooks, you can not only create documents like invoices, bills, and lists but also mail them directly from the software. This unique feature enables users to streamline their workflow and use stored data to connect with both customers and vendors. However, in some instances, users have reported that they were unable to email QuickBooks documents due to certain errors.
Read More: QuickBooks Unable to Send Invoices Via Email
There are many reasons for this error, some of which are listed below:
- Wrong preferences set for emails
- Damage to QuickBooks installation files
- Email domain address blocked by firewall or another security software
- Security settings for email provider aren’t set properly.
First of all, make sure that you have the latest updates installed for QuickBooks desktop. To do so, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop
- Sign into an administrative account
- Go to the help menu
- Click on Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on Get Updates
- After the update is finished, restart QuickBooks
You can check that you have the latest update or not by pressing the F1/F2 buttons. You’ll get information about any updates available for your version of QuickBooks. Once you’ve installed the updates, try to email a document. If it fails, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the start menu
- Select Control Panel
- Doble Click on Program and Features
- Click on QuickBooks
- Select Uninstall/Change
- Click on Continue
- Select Repair
- Install the latest updates by following the steps provided above.
Sometimes, due to damage to installation files, QuickBooks throws an error whenever users try to email a document. With the repair feature, all of the files are checked by the installer and repaired. You can now restart QuickBooks and try to send the email again. If you still encounter the same problem, or need help with any other problem, then get in touch with our experts at LIVE CHAT.