I’m having trouble opening my QuickBooks payroll application the welcome sign is there but it won’t open.
Among all the unexpected issues, one of the most common errors takes place when QuickBooks suddenly stops to access. This may arise due to any technical issues or any environmental issues. This problem generally encounters while updating QuickBooks payroll containing advanced functionality & tools. The major reason behind such error is windows, files or drive corruption. In this blog, let’s read the major cause & resolution regarding Trouble Opening QuickBooks Payroll 2020.
Following is the list of indication:
- Lengthy company name
- Corrupted QBWUSER.INI file
- Damaged hard drive
- QuickBooks Desktop installation files missing or corrupted
- Corrupted operating system.
Resolution of unable to open QuickBooks Payroll 2020:
Below-mentioned is the list of solutions to fix the trouble of accessing QuickBooks Payroll:
Run as Administrator Mode:
- Locate the start menu of Windows
- Enter QuickBooks in it
- View the list of results appeared in the window
- Right-click with the mouse to select the version along with the year
- Choose Run as Administrator
- Discover the payroll update and execute it
- Once finished, shut down QuickBooks and start it with normal mode and verify the error is fixed or not. If not follow the next solution.
Window permissions update:
- For this, again discover the start menu of the windows
- Now enter File Explorer into the white box and hit on the enter key
- The File Explorer page will appear on the system screen
- Search for QuickBooks program document with .exe extension
- Locate the file named QBW32.EXE; choose properties through right-clicking on it
- Choose Security, click & edit
- Choose Add. After that, the window popup, enter in Everyone and then hit on OK
- Discover the checkbox and search for full control-click on it and hit on Ok
- Choose Add again, now in the popup window enter users and then choose Ok
- Again, perform the same process of selecting Full control and choose Ok
- Hit on Apply and then choose Ok to shut the settings window.
Delete QBUSER.INI file
Now try to delete the list of previously used files by deleting the QBWUSER.INI file. Follow the steps to rename it:
- Locate keyboard attached to your system and press windows+ E button at a time.
- Select folder & search option positioned under the organize option
- Select view
- Choose the show hidden files located under advanced settings. Hit on Ok
- Locate the QuickBooks file from the document and right-click on it
- Select delete.
Try to open the company file with another location:
- Locate the company file with .qbw extension by pressing keyboard key Windows+E
- Right-click on it and select copy
- Create a new folder in C: Drive and paste the content
- Name that folder
- Login the QuickBooks software while holding CTRL key from a keyboard
- Select Open/restore an Existing company file and verify the newly created folder
- Open that folder and run the company file from it.
Use a clean install to reinstall or uninstall:
Install QuickBooks Desktop payroll to refresh it. It will automatically fix the error and open it without any delay.
How to reach us:
The above-described solutions are enough to overcome the trouble Opening QuickBooks Payroll 2020. Meanwhile, if you still face any difficulty and ever feel any requirement of seeking advice regarding QuickBooks error or any other functional error, call our QuickBooks professionals . The team strives to serve you with the best resolution. If in some cases, you unable to call or want to avoid waiting in a queue, drop an email & do live chat for an instant reply from the QuickBooks expert carrying experience of many years.