User Query: What to do When Using my QuickBooks The Sensitive Data Protection Setup window is forcing me to create a password?
Answer: QuickBooks software wants to protect of your sensitive data, that’s the reason its keep asking you.
Below are the password security feature for:
✅Employee Social Insurance Number
✅Employee’s Birth Date (QuickBooks 2018 versions only)
✅Company CRA Business Number
✅Company Bank Details (Routing Number, Account Number)
✅Company Credit Card Acct. Number
✅Fixed Assets Account Number
✅Other Assets Account Number
✅Other Current Assets Account Number
✅Long Term Liability Account Number
✅Loan/Other Current Liability Account Number
✅Supplier Account No.
✅Supplier CRA Business Number
QuickBooks software offers to secure a more protected way of accounting without any fraud. The user can manage their files which contain sensitive data like credit card number, or social security number, and user identification numbers.
The user needs to change their QuickBooks password at regular intervals of time secure all their data from unauthorized access of the account. It is highly suggested by QuickBooks to maintain changing the password over 90 days this will protect their account and avoid malware/hacker to reach their account.
Even the user can get support from our Fastfix247 tech support for looking more ways to protected QuickBooks software during changing their password; they require taking care of proper guidelines offered by us.
Steps to change QuickBooks Password:
During changing the password the user needs to avoid running in the backgrounds. The user requires to set up a complex password that contains seven letters in which one is the character and capital alphabet. In case they remember their password and they still want to change, and then follow the steps given below:
- First, the user requires tick on their company file and select open it.
- Then the user needs to process user password and its setup, after this tick on the option change their password.
- Now the user needs to enter their present password, fill up the entry with an accurate present password in the specified field.
- The user needs to fill the latest password in the prompted space by ticking
- After this push on the ok button to run their new password change
- Now the user can access the software by using the latest QuickBooks Password.
- Now many users are switching to QB cloud hosting which offers many ways to create, reset and save the password option.
Why password important for QuickBooks?
- It protects their account and all company data.
- Password or changing will secure their records from any malware or fraud.
- So changing the QuickBooks password supports in offering their company more secure and powerful accounting without any data loss or any other details. Complex and good password set-up as per direction make their data protected and all the transaction safe.
In case the user is still not able to change the password, in those cases, the user can contact our QuickBooks tech Support team. They are available 24*7.