Query: I can’t open QuickBooks Enterprise. It will open then say I have to download the latest payroll before I can run payroll reports. Then it shuts down. I don’t need the payroll I just need to make some changes to the GL.
Users unable to open QuickBooks Enterprise or QuickBooks stop responding are commonly caused when they encounter an error, and can occur due to many reasons. Few possible causes are mentioned below. The very first cause can be when the hard drive is corrupted or you may have damaged windows operating system can also turn out to QuickBooks error.
It is possible If you select the QuickBooks Desktop icon several times, it won’t open often. It takes enough time to load or to start QuickBooks and then also doesn’t respond. It indicates that there might be some problem that stops working. This guide helps you to get off this problem with the appropriate solution along with other various possible causes.
Reasons behind unable to open QuickBooks Enterprise
There could be several possible reasons when QuickBooks Enterprise unable to open. Just look for the mentioned cause and It might be one of the reasons behind occurring your error.
- Your name may be too long.
- You may have a QBWUSER.INI file corrupted or incomplete installation.
- You can encounter corruption or damage on your hard drive.
- Maybe your program files get damaged as well as QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- You could have a malfunctioning Windows operating system.
Solutions to fix “Unable to open QuickBooks Enterprise”
There are multiple possible solutions available in order to fix this problem. Here are the most effective and relevant methods discussed below. Follow these mentioned steps in the given sequence in order to resolve the error and continue your QuickBooks workflow like before.
Solution 1: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Initially, you have close QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, download the Tools Hub and save the file in a safe location so that you can easily find it
- Open the downloaded file
- Perform the instructions that are appeared on your screen
- Carefully read and then agree on all terms and conditions
- Once the installation process complete then double-click on the icon to run Tool Hub
Step 2: Run the Quick my Program with the help of Tool Hub
When you run Quick repair then Quick Fix closes your all open processes that are running background.
- Select and click on Program Problems In the Tools Hub
- Then click on Quick Fix my Program
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop then open your data file
Solution 2: Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop Application
It might happen when your company file gets damaged and causes an error. You need to find out whether QuickBooks or your data file may have some issues. Follow these given-steps to fix it:
- Simultaneously press Ctrl key and Double-click on the icon named the QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, select and click on the company file and then select the Open option.
Solution 3: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the Tools Hub
- The very first step is to run the Tool Hub
- Select and click on Installation Issues on the same
- Then Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- It takes minimum 20 min to install or run Tool Hub, till then wait
- Once installation completes then restart your system
- Now, open QuickBooks Desktop then open Data file.
Read More: Why Quickbooks not Launch
How to get in touch?
Hopefully, this guide helps you to resolve your issue “Unable to open QuickBooks Enterprise”. In case, if face difficulty while performing the steps then it is recommended you to get in touch with support help desk You can also get easy assistance by doing a live chat with dedicated experts or can drop an email, given at contact us page. We are available 24*7 and delightful to help you with reliable solutions.