QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Issue – I just tried to open my Intuit QuickBooks. It said there was an update so I clicked on it and let it update. Now I cannot open QuickBooks at all! It says “unrecoverable error” – 03170 96602 ..QuickBooks Premier Accountant 2021
Unrecoverable error can be encountered by the user while trying to open the company file along with an error message generally stating “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close” indicating critical fault has occurred with QuickBooks software.
It is common error & occurs unrecoverable error when performing a bank reconciliation or viewing previous reconciliation reports or when running rebuild utility.
when The error message is typically followed with an error code made of 10 digits in total in format of 5 digits ‘space’ 5 digits. Some of the most common error codes related to Unrecoverable error are listed below. However user needs to remember that not all unrecoverable error codes are shown here and they might get another sort of error code as the nature of the issue of unrecoverable problems with QuickBooks. Some of the most encountered error codes are:
- 00000 14775
- 00227 55008
- 00000 15204
- 00551 46274
- 02457 79428
- 03170 96602
- 13730 84631
- 13730 84631
- 13824 75582
- 15563 13890
- 19758 63847
- 20103 33023
- 20888 41171
Causes of Unrecoverable Error 03170 96602
Basic scenarios under which unrecoverable error can be encountered by the user is illustrated below, however it should be noted that the causes are not limited these alone.
- Attempting to open a company file
- Closing a company file
- Missing Windows or QuickBooks updates
- Closing any open window in a company file
- Creating a backup
- Creating a company file
- Creating a portable file
- Downloading a payroll update
- Opening any window in QuickBooks (Home Page, Company Snapshot, Reports, Transaction )
- Running a Verify or Rebuild
- Saving a transaction
- Sending payroll via Direct Deposit
- Using the Open Previous Company feature
Resolution of Unrecoverable Error 03170 96602
Solution for this unrecoverable error has been provided by Intuit in full detail and can be applied by the user manually on their own. However there are certain points to be kept in mind and actions that needs to take place before going forward with the resolution. The points are illustrated below:
- Ensure that the QuickBooks software being used is updated with all update patches released by Intuit and upgraded to latest version.
- Before moving forward with resolution or making any changes within the company file, have a backup ready for it to avoid losing data in case of any mishap.
- Each and every time message regarding unrecoverable error comes on screen, user needs to click on Sand tab. Information provided under this will directly be sent to Intuit, where experts can work on resolving the problem.
One common cause of unrecoverable error is when the software automatically tries to access numerous windows the moment software is opened. To avoid this follow the steps below:
- Use Alt Key and double click on the QuickBooks icon while the key is pressed. In case the user is asked to provide login credentials then follow the steps below:
- Release the hold on Alt key of the keyboard, followed with typing of the login credentials and then click on OK tab.
- Now again press the ’Alt’ button on the keyboard while the company file is being opened.
- Once the company file is opened user needs to drop their hold on the Alt key.
(Note: Once the file opens user needs to change the settings of “My Preference” wherein the feature of saving to desktop is concerned. Alternatively they should also ensure that all the windows are closed properly before logging out of QuickBooks.)
The above resolution works only under one scenario. If the user faces this error due to any other cause, they need to get connected with proficient QuickBooks experts as soon as possible.
Few Good Reads:
- What to do When QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer?
- Component required for pdf print from QuickBooks is missing error
- What to do when QuickBooks Outlook is not responding?
- How to Fix When QuickBooks Backup Failed?
- How to Convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop?