Query: User facing problem while updating QuickBooks Payroll and gets error 15106. How to fix it?
QuickBooks program is undoubtedly an adorn accounting solution that comprise of simple usable features that helps in handling the day today accounting operations of businesses of industries and size. With QuickBooks business management becomes easy and lot of time is saved. Like other software QuickBooks has certain limitations due to which there crops up situations when error occurs. The error may be caused due to technical faults and if not resolved in time they might be more critical affecting the work process.
Error 15106 is one of those errors that the user usually faces while downloading QuickBooks Desktop updates followed by an error message: “The update program cannot be opened. The update program is damaged.”
- The error happens due to two possible reasons. They are as follows:
- Detection of Spy sweeper in the webroot antivirus program
Probably you may not be logged in as the computer administrator that restricts your ability to read or write new files
To fix the error you need to download the latest QuickBooks Premier Desktop 2017 Update.
How to Resolve the Error 15106?
To resolve the error you can follow the methods mentioned below:
- In case you are not logged in as Administrator, you need to switch user and login as Administrator. Doing this might resolve the issue. If the error is not resolved move to the second method to troubleshoot the issue.
- If you identify that the error occurs due to the Spy Sweeper then you can open Windows Task Manager by using (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) keys together. You need to click on the ‘Processes’ tab and look for ‘Spy Sweeper.exe. Further you can attempt doing the following things:
- In case you detect this in the processing tab, you should remove or uninstall it by opening ‘Add/Remove programs’ in the Windows. Doing this might resolve the issue.
- For you are not able locate the Spy Sweeper in your computer system, you should open drive C and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooksxx\Components. Then you need to reset the QuickBooks update after renaming downloadqb < nn> folder as downloadqb< nn >.old. For sure doing this will fix the issue.
- In case both the methods mentioned above fail to fix the QuickBooks Unable to Update and encounter error 15106, turn off the User Account Control temporarily in case you are a Vista user or you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Still if it fails to fix the issue go to Selective Startup and perform clean install of QuickBooks.
Still you are unable to resolve the QuickBooks error 15106 or queries related to the troubleshooting methods you can connect with the QuickBooks customer support team through email, chat or toll free phone number. Else you can contact other reliable QuickBooks support agencies like fastfix247.com that hires professionals with QuickBooks expertise who resolve errors in minimum wait time. Call to the toll free number +18554815335 and garner excellent support services