The latest available version is QuickBooks 2019. This is how you can upgrade your QuickBooks 2016.
Every year, Intuit comes up with the latest releases through its upgrades. Even this year, Intuit has come up with QuickBooks 2019 version.
To download and install QuickBooks 2019, there are two ways available:
- You can go for an automatic upgrade,
- Or, you can go for the manual upgrade
To receive an automatic upgrade and the features it offers, the automatic upgrade option is available. Turn it on. Once you turn it on, the upgrade will be downloaded and installed in your system.
If you don’t need to get an automatic upgrade, you can keep it off. Still, we recommend you to turn it on to get the latest upgrade automatically.
To check if you have the latest version available or not, follow these steps.
- Open your QuickBooks, press F2 key from your keyboard.
- Now, go to your Product Data Window, check which version is released or not.
- QuickBooks Edition 2016
- QuickBooks 2017
- QuickBooks 2018
- QuickBooks 2019
Download the latest release and Install release:
To update to the latest release, the data file gets incompatible to the latest release. To prevent this, some minor changes need to be done.
Method #1: Download the version from the Internet
Download through the QuickBooks Official Website:
- Go to the Downloads and then go to the Update page.
- Now, select the product as available. From the drop-down menu, select the change link and then click on the QuickBooks Product.
- Click on the appropriate year or version.
- Select the search
- Click on the latest update and then save to download the update.
- Click on the Save button to update the file and then double-click to install the file. Once the installation is complete, restart the system.
- To install the manual update through the network by:
- Copy the installation file from one computer to another computer.
- Copy the installation file to the flash drive and then paste it to another system.
- Go to Help Menu from QuickBooks and then select Update QuickBooks.
- Now, go to the QuickBooks Window and then click on Update Now.
- Now, go to the table and then make the changes as required.
- Now, checkmark the box which is labelled Update Reset. This will erase all the update download added previously.
Click here to know how to upgrade to the latest available version
This could increase the amount of your time required for the update.
- Select the Get Updates options.
- Once the download is finished and the installation is also finished, to activate the update, restart your QuickBooks.
- While restarting, it will show the option to install and activate. Do the same.