QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software that brings ease to our business. All the accounting related jobs could become a cakewalk with QuickBooks. In order to get the maximum benefits from QuickBooks, you should upgrade it to the latest version. With Fastfix247, you can upgrade the current version of your QuickBooks to the latest one. Fastfix247 allows you to make the upgradation of QuickBooks a hassle-free job.
Read More: About QuickBooks Desktop 2021
I am an Accountant that has QuickBooks 2013 for Mac. I need to upgrade my system and I also have 2 other clients with a Windows desktop version of 2013, that need to do the same. I need to talk to someone, since each situation is different. One client has payroll and the other has check scanning, but no payroll.
Keep following things in mind before upgrading the QuickBooks
- Make sure that you login as an admin user in or order to get the company file of QuickBooks updated
- Once you have converted or updated the company file then you won’t be able to open it in the previous version
- Try not to do the company file upgradation through network
- Pro or Premier files converted or upgraded into the Enterprise editions can’t be opened back in Pro/ Premier
- In order to ensure that you have a smooth upgrade, integrity of the file could be verified and rebuild
- QuickBooks Enterprise editions is the only edition that is user to open the company files of enterprise
In order to carry the conversion or upgradation of the company file to the latest or newer version, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Get the QuickBooks Desktop new version opened
- Choose Open or Restore Company by going to the File menu
- Then choose Open a company file and after that select Next
- Get the data file highlighted and then tap on the Open
Note: If you find the window saying Move Company File then follow instructions as shown
- Then carefully go through the information provided in the Update Company File for New Version. Then signify that you have understood the information click on the checkbox and then tap on Update Now
- Then carefully start following the instructions telling how the file backup is done. Keep in mind the location where the file is saved
- When you try opening the company file in the latest QuickBooks version, you will see Do you want to continue? flashing on the screen, select Yes
- It is recommended that once you have updated the file then:
- Make sure that backup that is created by you is saved in a location that is safe till the time you are sure that you are not going to use it again in future
- If you have copied the file from the other computer then make sure that you have saved one copy in the computer from where you copied it from initially
There are some other points that too need to be taken care of. In order to know them, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support team. Not just that, if you are facing any issue in updating the QuickBooks to the latest version then also without giving it a second thought, just get in touch with our QuickBooks tech support helpdesk. You can have a direct conversation with our QuickBooks help team over Live Chat.