QuickBooks has made accounting and computing quite easy and convenient. It doesn’t let the user feel any hassle while making invoices and other calculations. The accuracy of data doesn’t always compromise in QuickBooks.
Limitations also come with benefits. The same is with QuickBooks. For incompatible platforms, the software doesn’t work well or may create multiple problems.
Everything that gives us benefit has some limitations. The case is no different with QuickBooks. Even the software doesn’t work well if not used on compatible platforms. One of the technical issues that restrict users from continuing working on it is QuickBooks Stopped Working after Windows 10 Update.
Causes of QuickBooks Stopped Working after Windows 10 Update
The cause of the QuickBooks Stopped Working after Windows 10 Update issue can be any of the following:
- Windows 10 update – Latest edition.
- Program incompatibility issue.
- Intuit Entitlement Services may stop working. This happens when Windows 10 latest update happens.
Solutions to fix the error – QuickBooks not opening or stopped working:
First, you can open the file manually and fix to the issue by applying the first solution:
- Search for the QBWUSER.ini folder.
- The folder path is \Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [XXXX]
- Now, right-click on QBWUSER.ini and then click on “Rename”
- At the end of the company file, add .old.
- Now, you need to rename EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Check QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataSource.ecml of the application is opening properly.
- Right-click on the program shortcut.
- Select Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab
- Now, click on either Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.
- Click on Apply button and then click on OK.
- Open program once again.
- Now, select QBPOS program and then open Windows + R
- You have to Run dialogue box opens
- Enter MSC and then hit Enter
- Now, check the required version of v8 Intuit Entitlement Service of QuickBooks.
- The v8 version. Right-click on it and then select properties.
- Select the start-up type and click on the drop-down.
- Select the Delayed Start – Automatic start.
- Now, select the start and the services will automatically begin. If it doesn’t start;
- Select OK and then select Windows Properties.
- Now, check if the service window is open. Close it.
- Reopen POS program
If all the above-mentioned solutions fail, some inbuilt tools need to be considered for the issues to be resolved.
Follow these steps as followed:
- First of all, download and install QBInstall tool
- It will show you instant instruction.
- Use the desktop location to save the file.
- If other programs are running at the back, close them all.
- Now, run the program.
- Wait for 20-25 minutes for the process to complete.
- Here, you must be having a proper and stable internet connection and check the functioning of the system.
- Wait for the process to complete. Once it finishes, restart your computer.
- Now, check if all the updates are installed