Small and medium sized businesses in their initial days with QuickBooks software do end up landing in web of errors basically caused by insufficient knowledge and experience with QuickBooks software. One of the most common sector where maximum number of errors are generated is while generating entries into the general journal entry and list process. In maximum scenarios, hiding or reversing the entry is the best course of action because as the user leave a paper trail if questions about the entry come up when reviewing the account. In some cases though, such as creating duplicate entries, deleting an entry is the best method for cleaning up your account. TO delete list entries as well as journal entries follow steps below:
- Click on ‘Lists’ tab located at the top of the screen, and then select the list that has the entry user wishes to delete. The list opens on the screen, providing access to all of the list’s entries.
- Click on the specific entry user needs to delete to highlight it. Do not double-click the entry or a window appears on the screen, preventing the entry from getting deleted. If the user does double-click the entry, close the window by clicking the “X” in the upper right corner of the window.
- Lastly select the “Edit” option in the top menu and select “Delete X,” with the name of the list in place of the “X.”
- Click “Company” in the upper main menu and select “Make Journal Entries.”
- Click the “Previous” or “Next” buttons until the journal entry user wants to delete appears on the screen.
- Now select the “Edit” option in the upper menu and select “Delete General Journal.”
Must Read – Entry Lines Getting Blank in QuickBooks
The above listed steps should aid in deleting the entries from the journal entries or the list. However, if the error still persists it is recommended to contact QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number at to resolve the error swiftly.