QuickBooks Point of Sale is an all in one retail solution which helps in tracking your inventory, sales cash and customer information. It offers desktop as well as online version. There are certain cases when a user who trying to access QuickBooks Point Of Sale is unable to work on it due to some technical issues such as “QuickBooks Error: failed to open Company File.”In those situations users can try to resolve the error by following solution recommended by Intuit experts or contact QuickBooks Customer Support.
QuickBooks POS Error: Failed to Open Company File
This error generally occurs when a user is trying to open their company file. You will receive following error messages:
“Failed to open company file”
“Error: Unable to connect to your company data file”
“Login to company file”
“Connection is broken”
It causes for this error is:
- User has installed QuickBooks Point Of Sale on Client workstation rather than server.
- When POS is making an attempt to reconnect with company data file.
- Your POS database service manager is not running properly, so you are unable to login to your file.
- You have lost connection with your company file.
- Company file is damaged.
- You may have converted your company file to a higher version of POS using Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Operating system.
Here are few steps which you should follow to resolve your error:
- Reboot your system.
- Login as system administrator.
- Open your Quickbooks Point of Sale.
- Open “Start Company”
- From there select “create new company”
- Click on “Next”.
- Type “Test”in Company Name field and click on “create ”
- Now open “Test File”.
- Select “File” > Company operations > Click on “Next”.
- Click on “Open existing company”> select your company file > Click on “Next”.
Even after following the solution mentioned above, this problem still persist then please Contact QuickBooks Tech Support by calling on their toll free number .