QuickBooks software, despite of being one of the top financial software, is as susceptible to errors and problems as any other powerful software. Considering the inter-dependency of users over the software, these errors need to be resolved as quickly as possible.
One of the most common issue faced by many user is the inaccessibility of company file which is refusing to open or QuickBooks stopped working when on startup. We’re here to assist you if you’re experiencing difficulties & QuickBooks won’t open company file. There may be no error notice or cautions about the problem. But don’t be concerned. Here are a few solutions to frequent problems.
Most common reasons for the files not opening are:
- Wrong ways of opening the QuickBooks company file.
- Incorrect version of the software is being used to open the file.
- Issues with the Windows files and reports within the software.
- Restrictions faced due to folder permissions not set properly.
- The company file is either compressed or encrypted.
- Damage faced with name and extension of the file.
- It may have been opened by another user.
- Corruption of data.
These errors are generally showcased with following QuickBooks error codes:
To resolve these errors, some of the most common resolutions that can be followed by users manually without needing QuickBooks technical support advice, although their guidance is always recommended, is showcased below. However, before proceeding with these resolutions, following points should be kept in mind:
- Ensure that the software is updated to latest version and edition along with update patches released by Intuit.
- Further, it is better to check whether the issue is actually with the company file or the software itself, as resolution for both are quite different:
- Go to the QuickBooks software icon and double click on it while pressing down on the CTRL key of the keyboard. (keep the CTRL key pressed till widow labeled ‘No Company open’ opens.
- If the window does not open after a long time, then the issue might be with the software and not the company file.
- The last point not verify is that the installation file of the software is not corrupted. For this try to access the sample company file of QuickBooks and if the issue still persists then follow the resolutions listed below.
In order to resolve the Company file inaccessibility issue, Intuit has recommended following 5 resolutions:
- Open the file from within the software:
- Open the QuickBooks software, locate the ‘File’ menu and choose the option ‘Open or Restore Company’.
- As per your preference select the option most suitable to your error and also the type of file that is tried to be open.
- Click on browse tab to locate the file.
- Select the file as per the name and type and then click on open. (Note – In case the file being opened has .QBX, .QBM or .QBB extension then the user will be prompted to select a place for the file to be saved.
- Restrict the software to automatically open QuickBooks software
- If the above resolution does not work then under No Company Open window opt for your preferred company file.
- Click on ALT key on the keyboard and then select the Open tab. If the steps are completed without any error then go forward with following steps
- From the top menu bar look for Edit tab ad follow it with Preference option.
- Select the option called Desktop View and then click on Don’t Save the Desktop.
- Lastly click on OK tab to end the method
- Name the .TLG or .ND files again
- Open the folder where the company file is saved.
- Right-click the transaction log file and rename it to [company file name] OLD.qbw.TLG. It has the same name as the company file with a .tlg file extension.
Note: Follow the same process in order to rename the .ND file.
- Open the company file. QuickBooks will automatically create a new .TLG and .ND files.
- Recheck the properties and file extension of the company file
- Open the folder where the company file is saved.
- Right-click the company file and select
- Make sure theType of File is QuickBooks Company file and the File size is at least 7 MB.
- Clickon Advanced option and ensure that boxes for both Compress and Encrypt attributes are unchecked.
- Now clickon OK tab to complete the process
The above steps should resolve the issue in just few clicks. However, if the QuickBooks software user is still not able to open the company file and error still persists then the user needs to look at some other ways to resolve the problem.
Read: How to fix when QuickBooks File is Too Large or How to restore deleted company files.
These issues can be dealt by the user alone or by contacting the QuickBooks experts for sure shot resolution. In the situation user still faces the same problems; it is recommended to approach the QuickBooks experts who are extremely knowledgeable regarding all things QuickBooks set up by Intuit. Moreover, if there is any issue in connecting with the team of QuickBooks for the same user can connect with us at our live chat option on our website – fastfix247.com.