Our laptop won’t print anymore since we upgraded it to Windows 10. The laptop and printers are located in two different rooms and are connected remotely or via WiFi.
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support
Let’s say you want to print some Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 slides at a large size (for example, poster size). However, you get the following error message when you send the slides to a plotter or printer:
The current printer configuration has a problem, which prevents Windows from printing. Attempt any of the following:
- Print a test page from Windows to inspect the printer.
- Be sure the printer is on and connected.
- Update your printer’s driver
This Read: Add a New Printer in QuickBooks
You May be Getting the Error for one of the Following Reasons:
- You Have Damaged Printer Driver
- There is a damaged default printer entry in the Windows Registry.
- There is a Device Conflict on the Printer Port.
- Damaged Files in the Windows Printing Subsystem.
Registry Key Details
The steps in this section, method, or task explain how to change the registry. However, if you make a mistake when editing the registry, serious issues could arise. Therefore, be sure to carefully follow these instructions. Make a backup of the registry before making any changes for added security. If an issue arises, you can then restore the registry. Click the following number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base for more details on how to backup and restore the registry:
How to Backup and Restore the Windows Registry
Manually Creating a Registry Backup
- Regedit.exe should be entered after choosing Start and typing it. If an administrator password or confirmation are requested, type the password or give the requested information.
- Locate the registry key or subkey that you want to back up in Registry Editor and click it.
- choosing File > Export.
- Choose the location where you want to save the backup copy in the Export Registry File dialog box, and then enter a name for the backup file in the File name field.
- Choose Save.
Recover From a Manual Backup
- Press Enter after selecting Start and typing regedit.exe. If an administrator password or confirmation are requested, type the password or give the requested information.
- Click File > Import in Registry Editor.
- Select the location where you saved the backup copy, choose the backup file, and then click Open in the Import Registry File dialog box.
Fix it For Me
Click the Fix it button or link to automatically enable the hotfix. Then, after selecting Run in the File Download dialog box, carry out the Fix it wizard’s instructions.
To Activate the Hotfix After Installing the Hotfix Package, Follow These Instructions:
- Regedit should be typed into the Open box after clicking Start, Run, and then OK.
- Find the following registry subkey, then choose it:
- HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0
- Click Key after selecting New from the Edit menu.
- Once you’ve typed Gfx, hit Enter.
- Find the following registry subkey, then choose it:
- HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Gfx
- Point to New on the Edit menu, then select DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Enter after typing FavorTiledPrinting.
- Right-click FavorTiledPrinting in the Details pane, and then select Modify.
- Type 1 into the Value data box, then click OK.
- Shut down Registry Editor.
Fix for Windows Cannot Print Due to a Problem with Current Printer Setup
Here is the solution for any printing errors like “Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup.”
- By selecting the Start button icon, Control Panel will be displayed. Click on User Account Control Settings to access them. Type UAC and press Enter in the search box.
- Choose from the following:
- The slider must be moved to the Never notify position in order to disable UAC. After doing so, click OK. necessary administrative authorization Enter the administrator password or any required confirmation information if prompted.
- The UAC setting won’t take effect until you restart your computer.
You can now print without any problems.
It’s Possible That the Problem was Brought on by Altered User Profile Security Settings.
To install the printer, you have three options: create a new user, log in using the new user profile, or disable the user account control (UAC) in the control panel and restart the computer.
To Configure UAC Settings, Follow These Steps:
- Click the Start button, select Control Panel, and then select User Account Control Settings to access them. Type “UAC” into the search field, and then click Change User Account Control settings.
- Slider must be in Never notify position in order to disable UAC. Click OK afterward.
- Enter the administrator password or any required confirmation information if prompted. The UAC setting won’t take effect until you restart your computer.
To Get Rid of Every Piece of Software Related to Printers, Perform Root Level Uninstallation.
- Find and launch Programs and Features in Windows.
- Pick an HP printer.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Devices and Printers can be found and opened in Windows.
- Find your HP printer in the Devices and Printers window. If you see it listed, select “Delete” or “Remove Device” from the context menu.
- Using the “Windows Key + R” key combination, launch the run command.
- After entering printui.exe /s, click OK.
- Toggle to the Drivers tab.
- Identify the HP Printer driver. If you see it, select it and then choose Remove from the bottom menu.
- Choose OK.
- Eliminate all occurrences of the same.
- On the Print Server Properties window, click Apply and OK.
- Close the printers and devices.
- Reboot the computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I unable to print from Windows?
Due to an issue with the current printer configuration, Windows is unable to print. Test out a few of the following: Printing a test page from Windows will allow you to check the printer. Also, make sure the printer is turned on and connected.
Why I can’t set up the printer on my computer?
Changes to the user profile’s security settings may have contributed to the problem. You have three options for installing the printer: creating a new user, logging in with the new user profile, or disabling UAC in the control panel and restarting the computer. Click the Start button, then select Control Panel to access User Account Control Settings.
What to Do if your HP printer won’t turn on?
If any HP printer drivers are listed in the popup that appears, select the drivers tab and remove them all. Delete each entry for your printer under devices and printers. Reboot the computer. Enter %temp% in the run box and then select OK or press Enter.
After Installing Windows 10, why won’t my laptop print via WiFi?
The printer drivers are configured to operate over a network, remotely, or via WiFi. When using our previous Windows software, this was never a problem. It has only started to be a problem since updating to Windows 10 and whatever settings it has/allows.